Now Accepting Applications!
Looking for home improvement contractor jobs in Matthews, NC & Charlotte, NC? Thanks for your interest in working with Universal Home Solutions. We are currently accepting applications for the following position(s). Click/tap the + icon to learn more and use the form on this page to submit your application.
Home Improvement Contractor / Exterior Maintenance & Repairs Technician
Under limited supervision, the Exterior Maintenance and Repairs Technician is responsible for completing work orders, installing and repairing exterior residential homes, maintaining quality standards and extending exceptional customer service. Technician will work with wood, hardie and vinyl siding, seamless gutters and downspouts, soffit/fascia/boxing, and other exterior home material. Must pass pre-employment drug test and background check.
- Basic computer and tablet skills
- Basic carpentry
- Minor painting
- Customer communication
- Arrive to office in a timely manner and follow all workday/job/safety procedures.
- Track time and billable hours on mobile device through our Jobber (CRM) program.
- Communicate via phone, tablet, text, pictures, etc. clearly to office and customers throughout the day.
- Complete all assigned daily job tasks 100% as a team or individually while keeping job sites neat and performing a final walkthrough and clean up.
- Maintain and keep clean UHS vehicles and equipment throughout the workday.
- Return vehicle and equipment/supplies to shop each day. Prepare for next day’s job site visit(s) and have your truck loaded with materials/tools as needed.
- Work with the UHS team to achieve individual minimum of 30 billable hours per week.
- Technical Capacity.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to follow direction.
- Positive attitude.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use tools power and manual tools, climb ladders, and work independently and as part of a team. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The employee will often perform work outside, being exposed to varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Employee will also use a variety of pneumatic and hand-held tools.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, typically 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. No weekend or overtime required.
This role will have some short-distance travel to repair homes in our general territory.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma required.
- Two years’ experience in residential, exterior maintenance and repairs.
- Must have clean driving record
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Wage commensurate with experience.
- Company benefits.